What's News ?
Constitution of Saudi Patent Dispute Committee03/03/2024
Pursuant to Article 35 of the Law of Patents, Layout Designs of Integrated Circuits, Plant Varieties, and Industrial Models, the Patent Dispute Committee is recently constituted in Saudi Arabia. The Committee has jurisdiction under the law to hear Patent infringement cases, Patent invalidation cases, and appeals against decisions of the Patent Office.
It is expected that the constitution of this Committee will expedite the pending cases and will help in clearing the backlog.
With effect from 10th of September 2019, the Saudi Council of Ministers appointed following members for a period of three years:
- Dr. Abdulhamid Bin Abdullah Al-Harqan. The Chairman
- Dr. Abdullah bin Hussein al-Shehri, Member.
- Dr. AbdulLatif bin Mohammed Al-Sheikh, Member.
- Dr. AbdulRahman bin Ahmed Al Majid, Member.
- Dr. Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Abdulkarim, Member.